Stonehenge Campaign ~ Homepage ~
- Equinox gates open 6a.m. Tuesday 23rd September 2014 see http://stonehengecampaign.com/
- h19.00 Friday 20 June 2014 Car Park and Stonehenge open for Summer Solstice Celebrations
- h08.00 Saturday 21 June Stones closed
- h12.00 Carpark closed
- There will be buses from Salisbury, or walk, or cycle!
- Friday 6 June 2014 Benefit gig at Cowley Club Brighton stonehengefestivalcampaign.co.uk
• 24 May Manchester Benefit gig with Culture Shock stonehengefestivalcampaign.co.uk
- 6 June Benefit at Cowley Club Brighton stonehengefestivalcampaign.co.uk
- Spring Equinox 2014 nearest sunrise to east is on Thursday 20th March. English Heriticage will probably open their gates around 5 a.m.
The A344 from the new Visitors Centre will be open from 7pm on Wednesday 19th to 9 a.m. on Thursday.
BUT the A344 is only open for Access to the Byway, no parking
- AND Freedom For Stonehenge Conference 16-19 May 2014
venue changed to The George Hotel, Amesbury, Wiltshire
- Winter Solstice Stonehenge Sunrise 8ish a.m. Saturday 21 December 2013.
EH will open their gates at around 7.30 a.m. There will be parking in the road from the new Visitors Centre when the Droves are full.
Expect them to move vehicles on from the road soon after sunrise.
the sunset will set over the Stones seen from the Hele Stone - opposite to how it rises at Summer Solstice.
- 18 December opening of English Heriticage's new visitor Centre, being picketed by Arthur's Druids who want a skeleton reburied.
- The A344 by the Hele Stone has been closed! Hurray.
- FACEBOOK Stonehengey groups include
Stonehenge Free Festival 2 and
Open Access to Stonehenge
- Autumn Equinox ... They'll open their gates on Monday 23rd September 2013 about 6 a.m. for the most east sunrise of the month, and may also open them on the Sunday morning.
- June Solstice 2013
English Heriticage opening their carpark and gates to the Stones at
1900 hours (7pm) Thursday 20th June. Same as last year - heavy police searching for terrorists with peaceful hippy sacred smoking mixtures etc. The ultra heavy security from 2012 have not been hired this year, allegedly, (they blamed the Olympics.)
- STONEHENGE ‘EXODUS’ 2013 FREE FESTIVAL ???. JUNE 18-20. SITE To.Be.Announced VIA TEL HELPLINES MORNING JUNE 18TH. BANDS INVITED. STALLS WELCOME.
SITE WITHIN 10 MILE RADIUS OF THE STONES ??? TEL HELPLINES 07985410448 firstname.lastname@example.org
- STONEHENGE FESTIVAL CAMPAIGN BENEFIT GIG JUNE 6TH FEATURING 'BUFF' 'STONEWASHED' 'THE REFRESHERS' MORE TO BE CONFIRMED...@The Grosvenor, STOCKWELL, LONDON..FLYER ON
Sid Hope FACEBOOK PGE OR F.B.EVENTS. MONEY RAISED PAYS FOR 'STONEHENGE 2013 'EXODUS' FREE FESTIVALSTAGE , P.A & MARQUEE HIRE. DETAILS, ETC
- Facebook Open Access To Stonehenge page.
- 24 may Brighton benefit gig Cowley Club London Rd - Radical Dance Faction, Aurora dev... , Buff etc
- Wednesday 20th March Equinox 2013 was a bit quiet
- winter solstice went well - perfect sunrise!
- Winter Solstice is at 11.11 on Friday December 21st 2012, so we'll meet up in the track on Thursday night. English Heriticage should open their gates around 7.30 a.m. (a bit before Sunrise.) They are under pressure to keep the Stones open for us until noon, so people can link up with Global Mayan Calendar events. They may reopen the Stones at 11 a.m. if everyone leaves by 9 a.m.
Travelling Daze Book published in August 2012 - fantastic! Words and images from the UK's new Travellers and festivals, late 1960s to the here and now -
Alan Dearling, with Traveller friends
- CJ Stone's Review of Travelling Daze
- Equinox sunrise is Saturnday 22 September 2012, expect English Heriticage to open their gates around 6 a.m. , camping in the track should be OK, bring firewood.
- English Heriticage will open their gates for Summer Solstice at 7p.m. on the evening of Wedneday 20th June 2012, and close their carpark at noon on Thursday.
Their terms and Conditions Expect heavy police checkpoints, checking for glass bottles, drunkenness, sleeping bags, mad druids with swords, etc - in 2010 they had a metal detector which got set off by my steel toe-capped wellies! If the carpark fills up they will turn cars away.
- Equinox is dawn of the Tuesday 20th March 2012 for free access through English Heriticage's gates, so night of the Monday 19th at the drove x
- December Solstice Sunrise is around 8 a.m. Thursday 22nd December 2011, so we'll be camping in the track west of the Stones Wednesday night (bring firewood), and expect English Heriticage to open their gates around 7 a.m. to avoid us having to jump over their fences again! They may also open up for Wednesday sunrise. Wednesday sunset from the Helestone will be over the Stone Circle - the opposite of Summer solstice sunrise.
- Autumn Equinox is Sunrise Friday 23rd September 2011, so we'll be camping in the track west of the Stones Thursday night.
- STONEHENGE FULL MOON PICNIC Wednesday 15th of June, Wednesday- full moon and eclipse at sunset, come much earlier if you can, tents should be fine til the 18th....
- Monday 20th June - Solstice - English Heriticage will open the gates to Stonehenge at 7pm, and their carpark at 7pm. Policing at their gates was heavy last year.
Sunrise will be at around 4.44 a.m. summer time on Tuesday if its not cloudy!
- Spring Equinox: Meeting in the track west of the Stones Sunday night...
Managed Open Access will be on the morning of the Monday 21st March 2011 with access to the Monument Field permitted from approximately 0530 hrs (sunrise at 0606hrs) and the site to be vacated by 0800 hrs.
- Saturday 19th March 2011 n- Super Full Moon at sunset!
The world is set to experience the biggest full moon for almost two decades when the satellite reaches its closest point to Earth next weekend.
It will appear unusually large in the night sky as it reaches a point in its cycle known as 'lunar perigee'.
- Brian Viz has cancer... facebook
(oh and he's just gotten married - sorry girls!)
This snowy Stonehenge is one of his photos.
- Astronomical winter solstice was at 23:38 on 21st December 2010 so the nearest (and southest) sunrise is at about 8 a.m. on Wednesday 22nd December , and English Heriticage have promised to open their gates that morning everybody who comes in peace.
- There may be an eclipsed moon visible at sunrise on Tuesday the 21st, English Heriticage may open their gates that morning too, but they may not if its muddy as they dont want the grass too messed up.
- RIP Judge Trev Judge Trev
Judge Trev's funeral will be on the 21st December at the Lower Chapel at Woodvale South Crematorium, Lewes Road, Brighton at 2:30 pm. Reception (possibly with live music) afterwards at the Gladstone Pub, Lewes Road Brighton.
- Memorial gig to celebrate Trev's life with Krankshaft (Bob
Calvert's old band / I.C.U.) Tribe of Cro, Bubbledubble, DJ Kozmik Ken +
some special guests.
8th Jan - The Milton Arms Barn - Southsea Portsmouth, PO4 8PR
All funds raised will go to Lori to help with funeral costs etc!
- Autumn equinox 2010 is at 3.09 a.m. GMT on Thursday 23rd September 2010
so English Heriticage will open their gates around 5 a.m. and we wont have to jump their fence!
featured in Dr Who on Saturday 19th June 2010
- English Heriticage will open their gates into Stonehenge for this Summer Solstice, from 7pm in the evening of Sunday 20th June 2010. Expect heavy police checkpoints, checking for glass bottles, sleeping bags, mad druids with swords, etc - last year they had a metal detector which got set off by my steel toe-capped wellies! If the carpark fills up they will turn cars away.
Conditions of Entry
The local bus company, Wilts & Dorset, will be running a service from Salisbury railway and bus stations to Stonehenge over the Solstice period. This bus service will commence at 1830 hours (6.30pm) on Sunday 20th June and run regularly until 0115 hours (1.15am) on Monday 21st June. A service taking people back to Salisbury will start again at 0400 hours (4am) and run frequently until 0945 hours (9.45am). Access to Stonehenge from the bus drop off point is through the National Trust farmland.
- 1st June there was a gathering in the beanfield to commemorate 25 years since the Thatcher's police attacked the convoy to Stonehenge Free Festival.
If this link to
facebook doesnt work then log into facebook and search for beanfield.
- Thursday 18th March Jes and the Little Green Men at the Hydrant, 75 london road
Brighton BN1 4JF jesterdream.com
- Friday 19th March 6pm-10pm @ Art Workers Guild, 6 Queen St, Bloomsbury John Rety of Torriano Memorial, London WC1N 3AT
- Saturday 20th March - Spring Equinox, the Stones open around 5 a.m.
why stonehenge is believed to have been an astronomical calculator
- Winter Solstice 2009 is h17:47 Monday 21st December, therefore the southest sunrise is on the Monday, at h08:02 but some druids prefer the first sunrise after the solstice so they have asked English Heritcage to open their gate on the morning of Tuesday 22nd December.
- Peter Carson of EH writes:
I am able to confirm that at last month’s Roundtable Group meeting and again yesterday the date of the access to Stonehenge for people wishing to celebrate the Winter Solstice was discussed and agreed that it should take place at dawn on Tuesday 22nd December. The access will commence at 7.30 – 7.40am and only when it is considered sufficiently light to ensure safe access.. Visitors will be asked to vacate the site by 9.00am.
It will be of great assistance if these timings are widely circulated – many thanks for your assistance.
- Visitor Centre consultation deadline now 26 November!..
~ see egroup for updates
- Close the A344 road by the Helestone to cars forthwith - it's bloody dangerous!
- There will be new government plans for a visitor centre at Stonehenge in time for 2012 out soon...
- Autumn Equinox
Solstice 2009 is around 9p.m. Tuesday 22nd September, the
gates will be open and free for people and druids etc around 7 a.m. on
Wednesday 23rd. A more accurate astronomically east sunrise is on
Tuesday 22nd (if it's not cloudy), but concensus at a Salisbury meeting
was to have the gates open on Wednesday 23rd. Whoops.
- Summer Solstice Sunrise was Sunday 21st June 2009 English Heriticage will be provided a carpark from 7pm on Saturday 20th June, and opened their gates again.
- There were sniffer dogs and metal detecting machines (which
beeped at my steel toe cap wellies) and a hovering police camera thingy
and some idiots on Ketamin.
Police Intimidation at Stonehenge discussion:
- Our egroup is SPG2:
check it for updates, news and gossip (it is unmoderated so beware!)
- Arthur has been picketing all winter at Stonehenge for free access: get updates on his quest at
He has now moved on.
- Spring Equinox was noonish Friday 20th March 2009, so we met in the track Thursday night.
Bring firewood, drums, etc....
Keep music live - boo to pre-recorded unlive sound systems.
To be negative I'd say too many new age druids - to be positive I'd say Not enough hippy drummers!
- Stonehenge in the snow photos from Brian Viziondance Feb 2009 at:
- See our proposal to extend summer opening to all of midsummer's day and JoePublic's wonderful artwork at:
- 2008 Winter Solstice Sunrise and Sunset were on Sunday 21st December 2008 around 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- September 2008 autumn equinox sunrise went well, but the sun didn't show up on time!
www.travellerhomes.co.uk. A brief summary of our content is: "Traveller Trucks, Buses, Waggons and More".
- Glastonbuy to Stonehenge walk meet Glastonbury Tor sunset 13th June, leaving on the 14th - contact Shep
- 2008 Summer Solstice
STONES ACCESS: the gates will be opened at 8:00 pm on Friday 20th June, 2008 (However there should be no gates or fences at Stonehenge, and all visitors should behave with respect...
Please use public transport and bring more drums!
- Don't climb on the stones, as you may damage the lichen,
and higher up you may damage your credibility, ego and small children below...
if you must dance on a fallen stone please remove your shoes and other clothing first!
- For details of English Heriticage's Summer Solstice carpark see:
(opens 7pm Friday 20th June)
- Here & Now are an English Psychedelic/progressive/space rock band formed in early 1974.
Proposal to improve Summer Solstice access at Stonehenge is being drafted by members of the
Spring Equinox sunrise Thursday 20th March 2008
www.greenleaf.demon.co.uk has been lost,
here at www.stonehengecampaign.org.uk/greenleaf
is a backup of some of George Firsoff's websites...
- www.davidstooke.co.uk stonehenge artwork
Winter Solstice Access is on Saturday 22nd December, sunrise approx. 8.10 am as usual it
will open as soon as it's light enough for safety (EH's decision) usually
about 30 minutes before sunrise.
- Hurray! On Thursday 6th December 2007, the Stonehenge tunnel scheme was officially SCRAPPED!
Now lets get the A344/A303 junction closed
- The BGG
Europe's Biggest Green Gathering
BGG in crisis (official) - an urgent appeal for help
AUTUMNAL EQUINOX 23rd SEPTEMBER 23 2007 09:51 GMT
so that would be the night of the 22nd then?
We'll overnight in the track west of the Stones, then get into
Stonehenge for sunrise which could be around 7a.m. local summertime...
bring firewood please! (see egroup for uptodate info)
- New message board coming soon...
- June 2007 Media compilation and photos at http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~ait/
- back from solstice, great sunset, see pic at right...
had a bit of a misunderstanding which dampened it for me, then me Jim who was my hitchhiker on June 1st 1985 , and a few other old friends...
how was sunrise? I was asleep in my car! [g]
- Glastonbury to Stonehenge Walk 2007:
meet at Glastonbury Tor evening of Weds 13th June, walk afternoon of the 14th. 07810-188-335 (Sol)
seasoned Solstice Celebrants consider the pre opening spontaneous
setting up on the verges to be the present embodiment of the
Traditional Free Festival
- OFFFICCCIALL OPENING TIMES from
English Heriticage :
7pm wednesday 20th june carpark opens
8.30pm access to stones
9.26 pm sunset
4.58 a.m. sunrise
6 a.m. last admission to carpark
8 a.m. stonehenge closes
noon carpark closes
- june 21 18.06 hrs solstice
- Stonehenge, is threatened by a massive and highly destructive road-building scheme:
- Avebury carpark closed to tall vehicles
- Wednesday 21 March 2007 00.07 hrs equinox, so we'll gather in
the track west of the Stones Tuesday evening , and be in the Stones for
sunrise on Wednesday at six (local time ( the definition of equinox is six till six,12 hours )- please bring more firewood and drums!
- http://Stonehenge.MercuryMoon.co.uk photos of 2007 equinox
Celebrate Beltane at Thornborough Henge 2007.
Sunday 6th May - 12pm onwards - at the central Henge, Thornborough, near Ripon in North Yorkshire.
Everyone welcome, admission FREE!
- Eclipse of the full moon saturday evening 3rd of March.....
Full Moon at 11.17pm GMT
Total Lunar eclipse at 11.21pm GMT
Subject: [stonehengepeace] Tim Sebastian. Secular Order of Druids.
It is my very sad duty to let the Druid and Bardic Community know that Our
Dear Friend and Brother in Spirit, Tim Sebastian, Archdruid of Wiltshire and
The Secular Order of Druids, passed from this World at 7.50pm this evening.
May he rest in Peace. /|\
Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:36 PM
- Some confusion amongst the alleged druids i think...
- 2007 dates: (thanks Jim)
march 21 00.07 hrs equinox (Wednesday 21st sunrise in the Stones again)
june 21 18.06 hrs solstice
september 23 15.20 hrs equinox
december 22 06.08 hrs solstice
All times are GMT.
This is a good online ephemeris at:
Dr Parker Pearson also said
"This is what we would call conspicuous consumption. It is an enormous
feasting assemblage, It was there for people to have a good time. This
was the first free festival at Stonehenge."
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Check out "Journey from Life to Death" Scientists dig up prehistoric
Our sister site is often more uptodate than here:-
World Heritage Alert is a newly launched
website that highlights threats to the worlds heritage places, and
hopes to promote awareness and action from the public to defend these
fragile places. www.worldheritagealert.org
- Information on
the state of and plans for Silbury Hill:
Stonehenge Roads : read a summary of recent developments at
- Some of us would leave the A303 as it is, others want a bored tunnel
WillyX wants a UFO/railway link, none of us want a cut and cover tunnel,
We all want the A344 / A303 junction closed forthwith and Stonehenge reunited with its avenue... stonerds.htm
- How Wally built Stonehenge.
- Jim's ephemeris for 2006 says;
- Spring Equinox Mon 20th March 18.06 GMT
- Summer Solstice Wed 21 June 12.26 GMT
- Autumn Equinox Sat 23rd Sept 04.03 GMT
- Winter Solstice Fri Dec 22nd 00.22 GMT
- Winter Solstice 2006 Friday 22nd December 2006, around 8 a.m. ish?
So we met in the track west of the Stones on Thursday night,
the longest night of the year. It didnt rain. People brought firewood and
- FESTIVAL EYE ANNUAL GUIDE ISSUE 22 IS OUT NOW ...
WITH A FANTASTIC 31 TRACK COVER-MOUNTED CD!
Hi All, a Photo Gallery for the Winter Solstice 2005 is now online at
Love, Light & Peace, Kev & Fee
- PLUS LATEST NEWS FROM 2006
- Ten people left from margate kent to visit the sacred stones and watch
the sun rise.
You can see the photographs at
- glast2henge free d spirit pilgrimage walk starts Wednesday 14th June
Contact Sol 07810 188 335. Helen X
Subject: [stonehengepeace] stonhenge free festival
" The stonhenge free festival reinactment society" proudly present
afternoon tea to be held inside the stones on the afternoon of
the 18 th of june,,, please do not park inside of the cricket pitch
boundary that will be laid out near the stones as the cricket match
between the wiltshire police 11 and the stonehenge peace 11 will
kick off at 2 pm sharp outher attraction include druids cider drinking
competition and car boot sale and of course many picnics
- So-called Open Access to Stonehenge Summer Solstice 2006 will be similar to the last few summers: see the egroup ...
BRING LOTS OF DRUMS
Stones Access - 10:00pm on Tuesday June 20th to 9:00am on Wednesday June
21st. (11 Hours)
BUSSES TO THE STONES will run from Salisbury Bus Station and Salisbury
Train Station to Stonehenge starting at 8:30 pm(20:30 hrs) on the 20th
June until 1:15 am (01:15 hrs) on 21st June.
The Car Park opens at 8:00pm on June 20th. Last Admissions to car park
will be at 6:00 am on June 21st. The Car Park closes at 1:00pm on June
21st (i.e. four hours after the stones close)
- June16th-21st http://www.sunrisecelebration.com/
earlier notes moved to
dicenews hotlinks ~
[ less ]
[ frames ]
http://www.megalithic.co.uk For a clickable map of stone circles in Britain
stonehengecampaign.com website - does it work yet?
~ andor willyx.com ?
For festival news see
Also English Heriticage, the alleged 'owners of the fences
and ticket machines and toilets at Stonehenge' at:
Please dont let them bulldoze a road trench through the
c/o 99 Torriano Av,
London NW5 2RX (UK)
homepage = www.phreak.co.uk/stonehenge/psb/stonecam.htm
VE Day 95 ~
Stonehenge2 @ait ~
Megalith Map ~
DiceNews hotlinks ~
c/o 99 Torriano Av,
London NW5 2RX (UK)
email us: email@example.com
or use the form
, ______ _________ _______ ,
, / Free \ / The \ / Stones \ ,
, \________/ \_________/ \_______ / ,
, ____ ___ ___ ____ ,
, / \ / \ / \ / \ ,
, | | | | o | ! ! ! ,
, | | | | m | ! ! ! ,
, Stonehenge Campaign c/o 99 Torriano Av, London NW5 2RX ,
[ less ]
[ frames ]
this page edited by me, George (dicegeorge
) not by George Firsoff